Location: Port Elizabeth Factory
A salaried position exists for a Maintenance Supervisor at the Port Elizabeth Factory. Applications are invited from suitable persons with the required qualifications and experience.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To control factory maintenance operations and resources to contribute in the delivery of production targets and the optimal standards of final product quality in a safe and efficient manner. .
- Certificate in Technical discipline or Maintenance-related fields (NQF 5) (Minimum)
- Diploma in Technical discipline or Maintenance-related fields (NQF 6) – Advantageous
- Trade Test (NQF 5)
- Certificate in First Line Management (FLMP) (NQF 5)
- Up to 5 years’ experience in Maintenance operations in a Manufacturing environment of which:1 to 2 years should be at Supervisory level
- Up to 3 years’ experience in working Shift- Advantageous
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY RESULTS AREAS
Maintenance operations and control
- Ensures effective reactive, predictive and preventative maintenance are performed on all plant / infrastructure / equipment as required, to limit potential failure and optimise production processes.
- Coordinates first line maintenance to restrict or prevent plant / equipment downtime.
- Raises job cards for all maintenance work required, ensure work permits are included (work permits for “hot work”, vessel entry and elevated work to be escalated to Manager for approval).
- Drives and participates in all fault analysis on equipment failure i.e. Root Cause Analysis – 5 WHY, 8D, etc.
- Approves all job cards after maintenance work is completed successfully.
- Ensures that equipment and work areas are safe, maintained by Operators, and that housekeeping principles are adhered to at all times.
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of AutoX.
- Identifies and reports risks or areas of concern to management within own department and area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure.
- Accepts responsibility for Health and Safety by creating awareness, as well as to address all unsafe practices in a timeous manner.
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Represents AutoX in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with AutoX core values.
- Ensures that all employees have signed performance agreements.
- Monitors and measures performance quarterly by conducting employee appraisals.
- In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary.
- Ensures ongoing training and development of employees.
- Addresses employee relations matters fairly and promptly.
Cost and financial control
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and AutoX financial guidelines, report deviations to direct Manager.
- Explores opportunities to control and reduce costs.
AUTO X VALUES
Living the AutoX Values to stay on course toward stated objectives and ensuring a culture of passion and performance:
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Mutual Respect, Trust and Dignity.
- Openness and Transparency.
- Participation, Co-operation and Teamwork.
- Performance and Accountability.
- Passion and Commitment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite; SAP; ERP and other job-specific software systems)
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance practices, procedures and processes
- Sound understanding of compliance with applicable legislation, safety and other related manufacturing regulations
- Ability to cope under pressure and handle conflict situations
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Planning and Organising
- Supervisory Skills
- Customer Focused
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager.
Standard recruitment procedures will be followed. Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements stipulated above.
AutoX (Pty) Ltd shall apply the employment equity principles in the recruitment & selection as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Plan.