Our partnership with Sutherland Transport for our Inbound long-haul transportation started in 2010.
Sutherland Transport was founded by Dawie van der Westhuizen in 1994. Today it is the foremost Road Transporter operating in the Port Elizabeth-Gauteng corridor, as well as on the Port Elizabeth-Durban and Port Elizabeth-Cape Town routes.
From their head office and workshop infrastructure on the outskirts of Port Elizabeth, they maintain and operate a fleet of 100 vehicles.
For AutoX, Sutherland Transport provides long-haul transport services, including:
- Transport and delivery of lead from Frys in Wadeville, Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth.
- Batteries from our Port Elizabeth manufacturing facility to various branches across the country.
- Scrap transported from Port Elizabeth manufacturing facility and the branches.
A total of over 40 interlinks are co-branded with AutoX’s leading brands, Willard and SABAT. Keep a look out for these impressive trucks on the road.
The Value Group was founded in 1981 by Group CEO, Steven Gottschalk, and listed on the JSE (Transport Sector) in 1998. The company has positioned itself as one of the largest, most comprehensive transport and logistics companies in South Africa.
Our partnership with Value Logistics started in 1997. Since then, we have worked hand-in-hand to develop the most cost-effective distribution solutions whilst prioritising customer service at the highest level. This includes designing custom-built vehicles to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of batteries.
The logistics optimisation project is ongoing, as we continuously seek to minimise variable costs and the environment impact of our business.
With the assistance of Value Logistics:
- AutoX delivers and services our customer base that includes in excess of 2 900 delivery points.
- All vehicles and drivers meet Dangerous Goods requirements due to the potential hazardous components of lead-acid batteries.
- All AutoX customers have tailored delivery cycles scheduled, depending on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Full tracking and monitoring of vehicles takes place in order to ensure on-time deliveries through the use of geo-coding technology.
- Our dedicated Value Logistics fleet is also proudly branded to enhance brand visibility wherever they go.