AutoX is a leading South African automotive lead‑acid battery manufacturer, supplying local and selected African and European markets with our well-known battery brands. We are also the official distributor of VARTA in South Africa and other selected African countries.
Serving both the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket replacement market sectors, AutoX provides a wide range of batteries including automotive car and truck batteries, industrial batteries, as well as motorcycle and leisure batteries.
We are proud to supply some of the major OEMs and more than 3 000 automotive replacement retail outlets across South Africa and selected African countries. The retail outlets include parts retail stores, fitment centres, a unique Xpress battery specialist channel as well as resellers of batteries in the DIY (Do It Yourself) and DIFM (Do It For Me) markets. We also export automotive and leisure batteries to the United Kingdom.
Our Rentech Renewable Technologies brand plays in the renewable energy space and is a preferred supplier of industrial batteries and equipment, purpose-fit for various applications.
AutoX also acquired AutoCycle Centre, importers and distributors of premium and quality motorcycle hard parts and accessories since 1968.
Our shareholder is Trinitas Fund General Partner (Pty) Ltd, an independent South African private equity firm.
Leading automotive battery manufacturer and supplier in South Africa.
Home to leading automotive brands, Willard and SABAT Batteries, and official distributor of VARTA Batteries in South Africa and selected African countries.
Supplier and distributor of renewable energy solutions under its Rentech brand.
Acquired the well-recognised AutoCycle Centre which specialises in the supply and distribution of parts and accessories to the 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler markets.
Provider of excellent sales service to 3 000 automotive replacement retail outlets across South Africa and selected African countries.
Committed to Transformation
AutoX is a South African manufacturing company that makes a significant and positive contribution to the local automotive market. As a South African company employing over 600 people countrywide, we subscribe to transformation and employment as well as the upliftment of previously disadvantaged individuals.
AutoX is committed to the development of our supplier base through Enterprise Development Programmes. AutoX offers growth opportunities for entrepreneurs in the retail aftermarket replacement sector that benefits end-users through the supply of reliable, quality batteries at cost-effective price points.
AutoX has a history of giving back and we are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. Our corporate social investment (CSI) programmes include support for:
- The Quadriplegic Association of South Africa (QASA) by sponsoring SABAT batteries for electric wheelchairs;
- Reach For A Dream whereby we aim to inspire hope, courage and strength in the lives of critically ill and vulnerable children;
- St Thomas High School in Port Elizabeth, helping to upgrade infrastructure and supplying learning equipment such as laboratory materials and computers;
- Elandspark School for Learning Disabilities by sponsoring and assisting learners with autism, cerebral palsy, hearing and other disabilities;
- TULIP by collaborating with the Student Leadership at the University of Pretoria to provide mentoring and additional assistance for students studying Mathematics and Science;
- African Honey Bee, a partnership which enables families from disadvantaged rural communities to build sustainable, small-scale micro-beekeeping businesses using environmentally-friendly and ethical practices;
- Food and Trees for Africa through the planting of trees in rural areas and townships. The aim is to transform these townships into rich urban forests, teeming with food, life, and biodiversity;
- Forever Friends whereby we aim to assist in helping a sizeable number of underprivileged children and babies in various environments;
- Waterval Boven Municipality by assisting in the upliftment of the municipality;
- and sponsoring ad-hoc initiatives through Good Morning Angels and Caring Daisies.